2023 Conference & AGM
Tuesday, May 9 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm ET
Post mortem planning: Where are we now?
There have been a lot of changes to everything in the past few years. Post mortem planning has not been immune to that change. This presentation will provide the attendee the opportunity to recalibrate and review their understanding of post mortem planning strategies including the redemption/loss carryback, pipeline and hybrid transactions through the following:
1) A state of the union on post mortem planning including updates from the Robillard case and advanced tax rulings on pipeline transactions.
2) Reviewing how life insurance can enhance post-mortem planning results and provide families flexibility in post mortem planning approaches.
3) Considerations and planning opportunities for clients who have used substantive CCPC’s/entities that were previously non-CCPC’s
4) Approaches to post mortem planning when working with non-residents
5) The human element to post mortem planning including family dynamics
The following list of CE credits available, subject to course approval (T = tentative)
- Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis) –
- FP Canada –
- Alberta Insurance Council –
- Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan –
- Insurance Council of Manitoba –
- Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec) –