CALU In-person event registration policy
Updated February 2023
- Conference registration entitles participants to attend all main platform and workshop sessions at the in-person event, as well as participant materials, CE certificates (subject to approval), and all meals and receptions listed in the program. Registration does not include accommodations, non-program related meals, travel or any other expenses that may be incurred by participants.
- CALU will make all reasonable efforts to secure Continuing Education (CE) course approval for the event from the following jurisdictions: Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis), FP Canada, Alberta Insurance Council, Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan, Insurance Council of Manitoba, Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec). Please note that CALU cannot guarantee CE course approval, nor the quantity of CE credits to be allocated.
- In order to receive CE certificates (subject to course approval), participants must attend for the duration of each session and must follow the directions provided for scanning in and out of sessions.
- Registration fees must be paid online by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or AMEX) at the time of registration. Any bank charges for disputed credit card charges must be paid by the participant and not CALU. Registration fees for events are subject to applicable taxes based on the province of the event. CALU will send a confirmation email after full payment has been received and processed.
- Transfers are not permitted. Cancellation policy for members and registered spouses are as follows:
- Full refund if cancelled in writing to email@example.com by March 31 less $100 processing fee
- 50% refund if cancelled in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14 less $100 processing fee
- No refund available after April 14
- CALU reserves the right to make alterations without notice to the content, sessions, speakers, timing, venue/platform or date of the conference compared to the advertised program.
- CALU is a non-partisan organization. Participants will not publicly express personal political opinions, past or present, positive or negative and will stay silent on the political preferences/views—real or perceived, past or present—of the broader CALU membership.
- Participants will not publicly make any statements that could be seen as insulting/derogatory to certain people/provinces/regions/countries. Participants should not make any religious statements, use offensive language (swear words, sexual comments, etc.), discriminate against or make derogatory comments about any equity-seeking group (race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual identity and orientation, age, ability/disability, economic status, etc.), or make any other statements which CALU deems inappropriate or outside CALU’s character and purpose.Participants who do not adhere to this code of conduct may be removed from the event at CALU’s discretion without notice and without compensation.
Inappropriate conduct/behaviour as mentioned above may be offensive to attendees and/or CALU staff plus poses a reputational risk to CALU. CALU will address any incidents should they occur. Consequences will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Participants are required to act in a professional and responsible manner at all times. Any individual whose behaviour is unduly influenced by drugs or alcohol will be subject to appropriate action including removal from the event.
- All public health requirements that are in effect at the time of the event will be observed, in particular any COVID-19 or other health restrictions mandated by the Government of Ontario. All event participants are also welcome to take additional protective health measures (e.g., mask wearing, physical distancing, rapid testing) at their own discretion regardless of government mandates. Any CALU member or event participant who contravenes the public health requirements, or who harasses another participant for taking additional protective measures, will be subject to appropriate action including removal from the event.
- CALU may record photographs, audio, and/or video during the event and may use them in its newsletters or promotional materials whether in print, electronic format or other media, including the CALU website. By participating in the event, you grant CALU the right to use your name, photograph and/or video recording for such purposes. If you have concerns about this, please email directly.
- By registering for this event, you consent to have your full name (as specified for your name badge) published in a list of participants that will be made available to other registered participants, for example via an event app.
- CALU may at its discretion share contact and registration information for all participants with those third-party service providers who are under contract with CALU to deliver services for and/or support this event. Only that specific and relevant information that is necessary to fulfill the functions of those contracts and ensure a smooth delivery of the event will be shared with and used by those third party providers.
For any questions, please contact CALU at email@example.com or 613-505-9632 ext 0.