CALU 2024 Conference & AGM event registration policy
Updated January 2024
- Full event registration (Sunday May 5 to Wednesday May 8) entitles participants to attend all main platform and workshop sessions at the event, as well as participant materials, CE certificates (subject to approval), and all meals and receptions listed in the program.
Registration for Monday, May 6 to Wednesday, May 8 entitles participants to attend all main platform and workshop sessions at the event, as well as participant materials, CE certificates (subject to approval), and all meals and receptions listed in the program.
Registration does not include accommodations, non-program related meals, travel or any other expenses that may be incurred by participants.
- CALU will make all reasonable efforts to secure Continuing Education (CE) course approval for the event from the following jurisdictions: Institute for Advanced Financial Education (Advocis), FP Canada, Insurance Council of British Columbia, Alberta Insurance Council, Insurance Councils of Saskatchewan, Insurance Council of Manitoba, Chambre de la sécurité financière (Québec), Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada (MFDA). Please note that CALU cannot guarantee CE course approval, nor the quantity of CE credits to be allocated.
- In order to receive CE certificates for approved sessions, participants must attend for the full duration of each session and must follow the directions provided for scanning in and out of sessions. This is a requirement imposed by the accrediting agencies.
- Registration fees must be paid online by credit card (VISA or MasterCard) at the time of registration. Any bank charges for disputed credit card charges must be paid by the participant and not CALU. Registration fees for events are subject to applicable taxes based on the province of the event. CALU will send a confirmation email after full payment has been received and processed.
- Cancellation policy is as follows:
- Until March 29: Full refund less the applicable administrative fee
- March 30 – April 13: 50% refund less the applicable administrative fee
- After April 13: No refund
Administrative fees for cancellation:
- Members and prospective members: $200
- Spouse/Partner’s meal package: $50
- Sunday reception and dinner ticket: $25
- The dress code for the Opening Reception and Banquet on Sunday May 5 is business. The dress code for all other sessions is business casual.
- CALU reserves the right to make changes without notice to the advertised program (e.g., content, sessions, speakers, timing, venue/platform, or date of event).
- CALU is a non-partisan organization. Participants will not publicly express personal political opinions, past or present, positive, or negative and will stay silent on the political preferences/views—real or perceived, past or present—of the broader CALU membership.
- Participants will not publicly make any statements that could be perceived as insulting/derogatory to certain people/provinces/regions/countries. Participants will not make any religious statements, use offensive language (swear words, sexual comments, etc.), discriminate against or make derogatory comments about any equity-seeking group (race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual identity and orientation, age, ability/disability, economic status, etc.), or make any other statements which CALU deems inappropriate or outside CALU’s character and purpose.
- Participants must act in a professional and responsible manner at all times, including not being unduly influenced by drugs or alcohol.
- All public health requirements that are in effect at the time of the event will be observed, in particular any COVID-19 or other government mandated health restrictions. All event participants are also welcome to take additional protective health measures at their own discretion regardless of government mandates.
- CALU may take photographs during the event and only CALU may record audio, and/or video during the event and use those items in its newsletters or promotional materials whether in print, electronic format, or other media, and the CALU website. By participating in the event, you grant CALU the right to use your name, photograph and/or video recording for such purposes. Members may take photographs during the event and share them on social media but are not allowed to record any portion of the event by any means.
- CALU will determine consequences of inappropriate conduct/behaviour related to items 8 to 12 above on a case-by-case basis, including, but not limited to, potential removal from the event without compensation.
- By registering for this event, you consent to have your full name (as specified for your name badge) and any information and photo you include on your profile in the event app to be made available to other registered participants.
For any questions, please contact CALU at email@example.com or 613-505-9632 ext 0.